Why sustainability matters
Sustainability is a key current issue that will remain important in years to come.
We believe that investing in sustainable practices to ensure a greener manufacturing industry is one of the most critical things we can do as manufacturers.
After all, we’re facing a global emergency when it comes to climate change and if we don’t not act right now, it will be impossible to prevent severe and irreparable damage.
One of the things Airedale Springs excel at is reducing the energy consumption of our facilities. Many manufacturers can also choose to cut down on the use of electricity as part of their environmental action points, which is not only good for the planet but also for their bottom line.
At Airedale Springs:
- We have one of the very few manufacturing facilities that are A-rated.
- We installed 132 solar panels on the roof of the building. This feature is unique among UK spring manufacturers and accounts for nearly 20% of the electricity we use in a year.
- Our building is warm in the summer and we have no need for supplementary heating in our production facilities.
- We have LED lighting across the whole building, from the factory floor to the offices.
- We monitor our electrical consumption very closely and only use what’s absolutely needed.
- We have installed an advanced compressed air system, which uses 40% less power than a standard system.
Recycling can improve our carbon footprint, which is why:
- Airedale Springs use metal that is 100% recyclable for all our springs, wireforms and pressings.
- The spring materials we use are also of the highest possible quality, ensuring the long lifespan of your products.
- 90% of our cardboard packaging comes from recycled sources, which means we are contributing to the preservation of trees, as one tonne of recycled cardboard can save around 17 trees.
Airedale Springs invest in eco-friendly measures because we believe in the importance of sustainability, so we’re proud of the acknowledgement we’ve received for our operational efficiency and dedication to reducing the environmental impact of our business.
We have won several awards for sustainability and are determined to continue reducing our impact further.
Get in touch with airedale springs
At Airedale Springs, we produce high-quality bespoke springs and wireforms with the best customer service in mind, as well as with a focus on eco-friendly practices which allows us to create a more sustainable factory – and to reduce our environmental impact.